Hattie turned two at the beginning of October, and I love watching her grow and fostering her interests. She loves arts and crafts, reading, and all of the trucks– trash trucks, monster trucks, school busses! She also loves a good accessory, so I was sure to link those below, too!
I'm a big fan of purchasing toys that Hattie will grow into or will last for years to come, and my favorite gift to give to anyone is an experience. Think: passes to local attractions, tickets to events, subscription boxes, or just a day out on the town exploring your city and doing things you don't usually do!
If you're local to KC, here are some of our favorites: Deanna Rose, Wonderscope, Science City, and SEA LIFE then lunch at Fritz's. We also have a zoo pass, and frequently visit to ride the train and have a picnic.
- Lemon Squeezy sensory kit- this mom-owned company is local to KC, but she ships nationwide! We are subscribers and always give mini kits for birthday presents! When I tell you these are a Godsend, I mean it. HOURS of independent play, friends, hours. However, I love playing with it alongside Hattie, too!
- Ikea kitchen- Hattie got this kitchen for her first birthday, but she really didn't start playing with it until recently. We also have Ikea's little pots and pans and stuffed fruits and vegetables.
- Melissa and Doug cookies
- Little Tikes bounce house- this was Hattie's birthday present, and it was a hit! It is the perfect size for her and a few friends, and small enough to inflate in our basement! I know it will get a lot of use this winter!
- All of the Melissa and Doug activity books: Water Wow!, stamps, puffy stickers, and reusable sticker pads! They have so many options from animals and princesses to trucks and food. We keep a lot of these in Hattie's diaper bag for her to play with while we are at a restaurant.
- Lily and River Climbing triangle- I researched high and low for the best and most affordable option and ended up purchasing this one from Lily and River. It is beautiful and so well made! Hattie loves it now, but she really didn't start playing on it until closer to 2. She also has this it and this balance board.
- PicassoTiles 100 Piece Set
- Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Stroll 'N Trike- we got Hattie this 4-in-1 Mercedes Push Car for Christmas last year, and while it is so cute, it isn't the easiest to maneuver in our neighborhood. She's showing a lot of interest in riding a tricycle, so I put this on her Christmas list for her grandparents! A family I used to nanny for had these for their kids, and they were great!
- Fat Brain Toys 2 in 1 Musical Jump 'n Toss- like Melissa and Doug, you can't go wrong with anything from Fat Brain Toys!
- Blippi garbage truck- you guys... my clients-turned-great friends bought this for Hattie for her birthday, and she is so obsessed! It makes me laugh! Luckily for us, Hattie is out of her watching-Blippi-on-TV phase, but his cute garbage truck is here to stay! If you don't know Blippi, my prayers are that you never will. He auto-populated on YouTube as we were innocently watching videos of garbage trucks one night, and the next thing we knew we were seeing Blippi LIVE. The things we do for our kids!... Hattie is now into Daniel Tiger which is a breath of fresh air and music to my ears!
Be sure to check out out my gift guide for babies! Don't be fooled by the title, Hattie still plays with everything on the list except for 2 items!
- These flower tortoiseshell sunnies
- Hattie has an adorable rainbow purse from Anthropologie, but it's not longer in stock. They do, however, have a similar flamingo purse to the one she has! I also found this cute dupe for Hattie's rainbow purse!
- Little Poppy Co. is one of our favorite places to get Hattie's bows, but we also love this velvet set and this piggy set from Amazon!
- Hattie is probably best known for her personalized jean jacket that I received as a gift at my baby shower. My girlfriend got it from Etsy, I'm not sure of the exact shop, but here is a similar one!
- Piggy paint- the best toddler nail polish. It is non-toxic and washes off with water!
- Hattie's newest and favorite accessory obsession: the bandaid. Yes, friends, we are officially in that stage. However, these Welly bandages are THE BEST. Hattie has literally had one on her leg for OVER a week because she refuses to take it off.
- Hattie also loves a good robe like her mama and was gifted this darling personalized robe for her birthday!
Meredith Maag Photography is a Kansas City newborn photographer and specializes in maternity, newborn, baby, and family photography in the Kansas City area, including Mission, Westwood, Brookside, Waldo, Country Club Plaza, Crossroads, Westport, Overland Park, Lee’s Summit, Prairie Village, Leawood, Independence, Lenexa, Olathe, and The Northland.
Meredith has a passion for connecting and helping moms through community, support, friendship, and kindness. In addition to using her blog to showcase glimpses and full sessions, she also enjoys writing and sharing products she loves. Some posts may contain affiliate links.
I am so happy you are here and would love to tell you more about a Kansas City newborn photography session! From wardrobe to the delivery of your fine art products, I’ve thought through every detail, making the entire experience enjoyable and stress-free.
If you are interested in a custom portrait session with Meredith Maag Photography and would like more information, please click here to see the experience.
Clients invest $2,550+ on their full portrait experience. Click here for additional investment details.
Sessions are currently booking well into 2022. To ensure availability, please reserve your date early!