Newborn photos don't have to be stressful! In fact, I spent a lot of time thinking through every single detail to ensure my new mamas can show up and have a stress-free experience. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Know, more than anything, your baby will sense if you're stressed! So take a deep breath, relax, and know your session is going to be perfect even if your other kiddos aren't bringing their a-game or your spouse is less-than-thrilled to spend his morning at the studio! I promise you'll be surprised at the magic we can create together even if it seems like everything is going haywire!
- Take advantage of my blocked timing! All of my clients have a 3 hour time block for their session. Newborn photos typically take between 1.5-2 hours which gives you an entire hour of arrival time! This gives you some wiggle room if you don't get out the door when you wanted (spoiler alert: you likely won't!)
- Also, take advantage of my studio wardrobe! I have a ton of dresses that are sourced specifically to flatter my postpartum mamas! I know, for me, this was my biggest source of stress for Hattie's newborn photos. Even if you don't use my studio wardrobe, we will ensure everyone's outfits are planned long before our time together.
- Don't stress about keeping baby awake before your session or trying to coordinate baby's schedule around our time together. I have plenty of time built into your session to allow for feedings and diaper changes! Speaking of– did you know I have an entire stockpile of stuff for new mamas and babes? A nursing pillow and snacks for mama, a bottle warmer, diapers, wipes, burp cloths, headbands, swaddles! You name it, and I've got it!
- Know I only expect you to show up and love on your people! I won't ever force you into a pose or do something in front of the camera that makes you uncomfortable!
Meredith Maag Photography is a Kansas City newborn photographer who specializes in luxury maternity, newborn, baby, motherhood, and family sessions in the Kansas City area, including Mission, Westwood, Brookside, Waldo, Country Club Plaza, Crossroads, Westport, Overland Park, Lee’s Summit, Prairie Village, Leawood, Independence, Lenexa, Olathe, and The Northland.
I am so happy you are here and would love to tell you more about a newborn or family photography session. My full-service photography studio is located in Brookside which sits just 5 miles south of downtown Kansas City and includes a full studio wardrobe for moms, babies, and children. From wardrobe to delivery and installation of your fine art products, I’ve thought through every detail making the entire experience enjoyable so you don’t have to worry about a thing. If you would like more information, please click here to see the experience.
Clients invest $2,550+ on their portrait experience. Click here for additional investment details.
If you love these photos, and you are looking for family photographers in Kansas City or a Kansas City newborn photographer, would like to schedule a complimentary consultation, receive detailed information, or reserve your date, please click the contact button below or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
View other full sessions and glimpses on my blog!