Putting together your baby registry is a task! There are too. many. options. When I was pregnant I did more research than the average human, so my friends and clients frequently ask for my recommendations.
I used Babylist.com to create our registry and loved it because you can add items from any website! So, you aren't bound to only register for things from Target or Amazon. You can register from those sites too but also include fun places like Etsy and your favorite shops!
Here are the top 5 items from our registry that we still use daily*, and Hattie is almost 2!
To be fair, our favorite gift was our newborn photography session. I won't rehash all of the details, but if you're interested you can read about it here! Also know, I'm more than happy to provide a gift card of any amount; they can be applied toward creative fees, memberships or products. I am based in Kansas City, but I'm more than happy to travel to you!
- *Ergo 360- This is the only item we don't use daily anymore, but we used to! And we do still use it to carry Hattie on our backs when we go hiking or anywhere we will be walking a lot, and strollers aren't allowed or are inconvenient. I was a big baby wearer when Hattie was little, and out of all of the carriers I owned, this one was my favorite. It is so easy to use, so comfortable and supportive, and we love that it fits both of us!
- Babyletto Glider- We have this taco glider in Hattie's room, but I'm linking the model up here. I didn’t register for the Kiwi because it is $200 more and everything is already so expensive, but let me tell you what– I have spent more time in this glider than I've spent on my own couch since Hattie was born. The taco is extremely comfortable for both Jake and I, but there were so many times I was nap trapped and wished with everything that I had the reclining model Regardless of what chair you get for your nursery, I HIGHLY encourage something that is comfortable and reclines!
- Ubbi diaper pail- I know some people think diaper pails are a waste but we LOVE this one. We still use it and it does a great job containing the smells, is easy to clean, and takes a regular trash bag.
- Hatch sound machine & Hushh portable sound machine- We are big fans and believers of the power of sound machines! A sound machine is going to allow you to live your life and not in a silent home or in fear of the doorbell ringing or the dog barking. There are a ton of sound machines out there but we love the Hatch because you can control it from your phone and it's programmable! We own TWO of the portable sound machines— as soon as we turn one on, Hattie knows it is time to take a nap or go to sleep— whether we are at home or on the go. I actually took one of these to the hospital 🙆🏻♀️ I wasn’t playin’ when it came to getting her on a routine!
- Hatch changing pad/scale- We love Hatch products and their customer service is great! This changing pad is easy to clean when messes happen (as they frequently will). During Hattie's first year, we loved having the scale to weigh her each month for her baby book stats. It is also nice if you are nursing and you want/need to do a weighted feed. Even if you don’t get this, definitely get a changing pad that is easy to clean! No one has the time or wants to be washing changing pad covers!
Meredith Maag Photography is a Kansas City newborn photographer and specializes in maternity, newborn, baby, and family photography in the Kansas City area, including Mission, Westwood, Brookside, Waldo, Country Club Plaza, Crossroads, Westport, Overland Park, Lee’s Summit, Prairie Village, Leawood, Independence, Lenexa, Olathe, and The Northland.
Meredith has a passion for connecting and helping moms through community, support, friendship, and kindness. In addition to using her blog to showcase glimpses and full sessions, she also enjoys writing and sharing products she loves. Some posts may contain affiliate links.
I am so happy you are here and would love to tell you more about a Kansas City newborn photography session! From wardrobe to the delivery of your fine art products, I’ve thought through every detail, making the entire experience enjoyable and stress-free.
If you are interested in a custom portrait session with Meredith Maag Photography and would like more information, please click here to see the experience.
Clients invest $2,550+ on their full portrait experience. Click here for additional investment details.
Sessions are currently booking well into 2022. To ensure availability, please reserve your date early!