so I wanted to share some of my favorite finds with you with plenty of time to ensure they arrive on time!
Each year when I brainstorm Hattie's basket, I try and think of things she needs, we use regularly, or I was planning to buy her anyway. For some of you, this mindset might be boring, but I cannot handle the clutter and junk that holidays often bring!
I always love a good themed basket, too! Think:
- Rain boots, a jacket, and an umbrella
- If you're planning a trip to the beach grab a new swimsuit, sunnies, and a cute towel!
- Older babies might love a basket filled with musical instruments.
- Maybe your little one plays sports and you can include a new ball, glove, or water bottle.
- You could fill it with art or gardening supplies.
- Outdoor summer activities like sidewalk chalk and bubbles that you know you'll end up buying anyway!
So, here's what's in Hattie's basket this year:
- Twirl by Emily Lex. This is the cutest book for your twirl-loving kiddo!
- A new Tonie for her Tonie Box. We gifted Hattie a Tonie Box for Christmas, and she absolutely loves it! She plays with it daily.
- A Tiana princess nightgown because these are life in our house!
- Bath bomb bubble wand
- These cute hair clips
Honorable mentions we own and love:
The Easter Story:
- Hair accessories from EverlyRae. These hold up so well and don't shed glitter at all!
- Bracelets from KC Joy Project. We have a matching mama+me set that we wear every single day. I bought them for us when Hattie started school, but she just released a daisy set and they are SO cute!
- The cutest personalized sunnies for boys and girls from Goldie Sun! She has darling accessories, too!
- This digital camera that actually works!
- Toddler-friendly nail polish
- The world's greatest (and cutest) bandages!
- Anything Melissa and Doug- but we especially love Water Wow! books and these magnetic puzzles for restaurants and travel!
- These cute Meri Meri stacking bunnies or these stacking cups from Amazon. Hattie loved these as a baby and still plays with them at 3.5!
- Manhattan Toy Wimmer-Ferguson Sensory Soft Activity Shape Set
- Heirloom quality baby blanket from Alaina Organic
- Crayola mess-free finger paint set
- My First Activity Book
- "Little One, God Loves You"
Toddlers | Pre-K (2+)
- Plus Plus blocks - love this fun Easter bunny!
- Dig a Dozen Dino Egg Kit | give a few, save a few!
- Paint by Sticker Easter book
- Disney necklace activity set
- This Crayola paint set with paper, paint and brushes
- Scissor skills activity book
- Wikki Sticks
- Hidden pictures sticker fun books
- Glow in the dark Squigz from Fat Brain Toys
Egg Stuffers that aren't candy
- Money. Hattie loves quarters to feed the goats at the zoo!
- Mini boxes of yogurt-covered raisins
- Fruit snacks
- Mini Play-Doh
- Stickers or temporary tattoos
- Nail polish, lip gloss, hair clips/ties, jewelry
- Hot wheels, legos, mini action figures
- I read about a mom who put one puzzle piece in each egg! I wouldn't put this past me. Last year, I completely forgot about egg stuffers so we scraped up a few quarters and stickers and filled the rest with Goldfish. I definitely felt like #1 mom, but guess what-- Hattie was thrilled!
tip: don't forget to count how many eggs you hide that way you know how many the kids still have left to find!
Are you looking for the best newborn photographer in Kansas City to capture those special moments of your growing family? Look no further than Meredith Maag Photography!
Located in the Brookside neighborhood, Meredith offers luxury studio and lifestyle sessions to take the hassle out of newborn photos. All newborn sessions are completely baby-led and laid back, utilizing timeless wardrobe and posing techniques to create stunning results.
With such detail and planning going into each session, Meredith only takes a maximum of 8 sessions per month - so be sure to book early as most clients book their photoshoots months in advance.
Use the link below to contact Meredith and reserve your date!