Believe it or not, I ALMOST didn't have maternity photos taken! However, we had a trip planned to Vegas for our babymoon and to celebrate my graduation from my master's program, so I talked to our wedding photographer, the amazing Aimlee Photography, to see if I could rope her into taking some maternity photos for us, and I'M SO GLAD I DID.
Some people LOVE being pregnant and showing off their cute bumps, others, not so much. Regardless of what camp you fall into, I think everyone should document their pregnancy. Here's why:
- I didn't necessarily feel that "glow" when I was pregnant, but I was SHOCKED at how beautiful I looked and felt in my maternity photos. They are still some of my favorite photos to date.
- Our maternity photos are the last set of photos we had taken before we became a family of three. It's really sweet to look back on that time and talk about how much our lives have changed. This goes for growing families, too!
- Pregnancy is a journey worth celebrating. For a lot of people, the journey is a long one, for others it may be the only one. In fact, that was my driving reason– I wanted to document my pregnancy *just in case* we didn't end up having another baby, and, guess what? We've recently decided we are complete with just Hattie, so I'm extra grateful I have photos documenting my pregnancy. I think they will be extra special when Hattie is older should she choose to start a family of her own someday.
- While we are on the topic of celebrating– OUR CHANGING BODIES ARE INCREDIBLE! When you think about it, pregnancy is wild, right!? I'm completely fascinated with what our bodies can do. I mean, I grew THEN sustained life from my own body for 15 months! It is so crazy and so awesome. I'll be the first to admit there were times I struggled with my postpartum body, but I am so proud of what she's accomplished! My body has been through A LOT in three years, and I choose to celebrate her forever and always now– stretch marks and all!
- Even if you don't think you will, you'll miss that sweet bump! Whether this is your first pregnancy or fifth, pregnancy is a momentous experience, EVERY SINGLE TIME. In fact, I think maternity photos only get sweeter with the addition of more siblings in the frame to love on that bump!
PS- The link for Aimlee Photography is to our wedding gallery, but I've included a few of our maternity images below! PPS- If you've ever considered eloping or renewing your vows check out my Chapel Girls in Las Vegas! Sure Thing Chapel is owned by Aimee, our photographer, and Victoria, owner of Flora Pop who did our elopement! They are thee most amazing humans, and I love them dearly!
Meredith Maag Photography is a maternity photographer in Kansas City who specializes in luxury maternity, newborn, baby, motherhood, and family sessions in the Kansas City area, including Mission, Westwood, Brookside, Waldo, Country Club Plaza, Crossroads, Westport, Overland Park, Lee’s Summit, Prairie Village, Leawood, Independence, Lenexa, Olathe, and The Northland.
I am so happy you are here and would love to tell you more about a maternity photography session! My full-service photography studio is located in Brookside which sits just 5 miles south of downtown Kansas City and includes a full studio wardrobe for moms, babies, and children. From wardrobe to delivery and installation of your fine art products, I’ve thought through every detail making the entire experience enjoyable so you don’t have to worry about a thing. If you would like more information, please click here to see the experience.
Clients invest $2,550+ on their portrait experience. Click here for additional investment details including my membership package to document baby's first year.
If you love these photos, and you are looking for a maternity photographer in Kansas City or a Kansas City newborn photographer, would like to schedule a complimentary consultation, receive detailed information, or reserve your date, please click the contact button below or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
View other full sessions and glimpses on my blog!